Did you get the message of Violation entered has been flagged as deleted while paying your parking ticket?
No need to worry, in this article I will explain what does this “violation entered has been flagged as deleted” means and what you need to do.
This error may occur while paying online through NYC ipayment website.
What is Violation entered has been flagged as Deleted?
So while entering your violation no on the NYC website or paying a red light ticket you may get this error.
In simple words, this is an error about which you don’t need to worry.
Deleted Means = No Ticket
Many of us get confused and have the same question like I had.
I already paid for my parking ticket?
I paid for my parking ticket twice?
Now let me explain what you need to do as you might be worried and looking for the solution.
What to do when you get this Error?
There are a couple of things you need to keep in your mind, even if you have not got this error of “Violation entered has been flagged as deleted”
As I am also sharing what you don’t need to do if you get such messages in the future.
- Make sure the violation number you entered is correct, recheck the number, and input again.
- Wait for few more days and check back again as this may take some time to display the right information.
- Always keep your parking ticket safe somewhere on the car dashboard or at your home. As there is a chance the ticket may get blown with the wind.
- Do not pay the ticket twice like paying windshield ticket as you have already paid.
- Also, assure you have an active and stable internet connection while paying bills online. Check your PC to assure it’s not showing “no internet connection“.
Hopefully, I have clarified that is a technical error, where this error means.
Violation entered has been flagged as deleted = Dismissed or No Ticket
Frequently Asked Questions
What If I have already paid for my parking ticket twice?
If you have paid the ticket twice by mistake or due to any reason, no need to worry.
Department of finance will automatically refund your money within 30 days via check to your registered address.
If you are not a registered owner, then you need to file the refund through an NYC refund form.
Wrong make of car on a parking ticket
If an officer put the wrong car make on your parking ticket, then you should create a dispute on summons.
You should go to court to plead yourself innocent by verifying the officer with the license plate number and car make.
I am sure this has been done by mistake and unfortunately, you need to prove it.
Now the main objective of this post was to clarify that have limited expectations in this digital world.
Violation entered has been flagged as deleted error from the machine or some mistake by a parking officer can be done.
The above explanation might have clear your doubts that what you need to do and what to avoid.
Please feel free to share your experience in the comment box.